Can't download and install windows update KB4022719 and KB4022168

I received an update notification in my windows update window. I accepted the suggested update and said install update. I have tried unsuccessfully installing the update via the windows update option, it always gets stuck at 11% and says that the installation failed due to an error 80073712. I tried installing it via a standalone installer  too. It gives me an error that the update wasn't installed. I followed some links on the windows forum and tried everything that they had suggested, even contacted the windows help center , gave them remote access to my machine and asked them to solve the problem. Still nothing. There is a troubleshooter that gives me the Root cause was RC_DataStore. I have seen suggestions to reinstall windows 7, but I cannot since there is a lot of stuff I need right away that I won't be able to reinstall easily.

If I am not wrong the updates are a part of the patches to prevent the recent malware attacks. Any help will be appriciated

Hello Sunil,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Have you tried installing the update directly to Microsoft Update Catalog website? (KB4022719 and KB4022168)
  • If yes, are you getting the same error messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you visit this support website: Fix Windows Update errors. This article contains troubleshooting steps that you can perform to help you address your query.

Awaiting for your response.

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Jelo ,

I have tried using the standalone installers available on the Microsoft update catlalog website. But they don't install, in the end it always says couldn't install the updates. Tried using the Fix windows update , fixes a bunch of problems but in the end report it says the issue relating to error 80073712 wasn't fixed. The only hint it gives is that the root cause is corruption of RC_DataStore. But tried fixing it with sfc/scannow , the result is that it shows no files were corrupted/ no integrity violations found.

Any other suggestions?

Sunil

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate your response. The error that you are getting is somehow related to a 3rd party antivirus software. If you have one installed or activated, can you disable it for a moment and install the updates again.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. Turned off antivirus and same problem still. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jeremy,

We'd like to know more about your query. Have you tried the steps provided above? If so, are you getting any error messages?

Awaiting for your feedback.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I have followed the steps above, hence my statement. I have tried the MS windows update fix tool, downloaded an offline package, turned off antivirus...still the same each time. 

Error code 80073701

Is MS actually looking into this? It is a very common problem as evidenced by a number of discussion forums on this. 

Rather than providing generic answers each time, is there someone who knows what's going on? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The error means the update didn't install correctly or corrupted. There are a number of troubleshooting steps listed for this kind of issue and Microsoft provided a number of automated troubleshooter tools and articles that you may want to try, if you haven't tried yet.

1. Windows Update Troubleshooter
  2. Fix Windows Update errors
  3. Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

These support website contain troubleshooting steps that you can perform to help you address your query.

Keep us updated with the result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2019 Views 3,560 Applies to: