Can not setup .NET Framework 4.6, Win 7, error 0x80070643

Hello everyone,

I can't setup .NET Framework 4.6. I have Win7 x64 SP1. It fails with error 0x80070643.
Installation log: link

Thanks,
AlexM.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6 does not get installed. Basically, the .NET framework provides the software environment and the language interoperability for different programs (written for .NET framework). So, turning it OFF from the Programs & Features will render the those programs inoperative.

As you are getting the error code 80070643, the issue occurs if the MSI software update registration has become corrupted, or if the .NET Framework installation on the computer has become corrupted. So, I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the following link and check if you are able to install the relevant version of .NET framework, thus, getting your designing software installed on the system.

Error codes “0x80070643” or “0x643” occur when you install the .NET Framework updates

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

If the steps provided in the link for Windows 7 do not help, I would suggest you to remove the .NET framework completely and install the package from Windows updates.

Method 1:

• Remove the package from the following Cleanup tool

.Net Framework Clean Up Tool: Run this tool to remove all version of .Net Framework updates.

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-components-postattachments/00-08-90-44-93/dotnetfx_5F00_cleanup_5F00_tool.zip

• Restart your computer.
  • Go to “Turn Windows features On/Off” and turn .Net Framework feature ON.
  • Restart your computer.
  • “Check for Important Updates” related to .Net Framework in the Windows Updates.
  • Choose available updates for “Download & Install”.
  • Restart computer when installed.

Method 2: Repair .Net Framework

The .NET Framework repair tool detects frequently occurring issues with the .NET Framework setup or updates. The tool tries to resolve those issues by applying known fixes or by repairing the installed version of the .NET Framework. The tool can also be used to repair corrupted installations of supported .NET Framework versions. This includes .NET Framework 4 language packs. The tool is wizard-based and is easy to use.

Click here to Repair Microsoft .Net Framework: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=246062

More information:

The .NET Framework repair tool follows a four-step process:

• Tries to troubleshoot setup issues.
  • Applies the fixes (with user consent).
  • Tries to repair the installed versions of the .NET Framework (the .NET Framework 4, the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, the .NET Framework 3.0 SP2, and the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2).
  • Collects logs (with user consent).

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Harkanwar

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, it did not help. I uninstalled .NET Framework completely (including 4.0). Now I'm trying to install 4.0 back, but I can't. It fails with this error:

OS Version = 6.1.7601, Platform 2, Service Pack 1
OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1
CommandLine = D:\5eea7d8c6ce809a738fc17247ff71e\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64 /ia64 /web
Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
Operation: Installing
Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup
Package Version = 4.0.30319
User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
Number of applicable items: 12
Exe (D:\5eea7d8c6ce809a738fc17247ff71e\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
Exe (C:\Users\Sasha\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_4.0.30319\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) failed with 0x240006 - (null).
Exe (D:\5eea7d8c6ce809a738fc17247ff71e\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
MSI (C:\Users\Sasha\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_4.0.30319\netfx_Core_x64.msi) Installation failed. Msi Log: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_20160202_090644015-MSI_netfx_Core_x64.msi.txt
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "В процессе установки произошла неисправимая ошибка. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:26).

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the update.

In this case, install the .NET framework update from Windows Updates.

1. Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.
  2. Tap or click Check now, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC.

3. If updates are found, tap or click Install updates.

Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Harkanwar

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Harkanwar,

I just update my Windows from 7 to 10 and the problem is gone :)

Thanks,
Alex.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 17, 2024 Views 11,471 Applies to: