Blue Screen of Death Stop Errors - Minidump File Link Inside

hi guys

i hope someone can help me out here. 

i've been getting the blue screen of death ever since i upgraded to windows 7 home 32-bit. 
i'm using a dell inspiron 1545 laptop and have downloaded and installed all available driver updates from the dell website. 
i still get the blue screen even if windows updates are not installed.
 i have done several system restores, but to no avail. i have also done several fresh re-installs of windows 7, but to no avail. 

i always get the blue screen while i am in the middle of doing work on the computer. it never happens at start up. 

Link to Minidump files: 
http://cid-92c5b42f417395ce.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/MiniDump 

also..

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 50

BCP1: 9719E170

BCP2: 00000000

BCP3: 8B2C1629

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\020110-46987-01.dmp

C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-66690-0.sysdata.xml

THANKS!

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2018 Views 2,683 Applies to:
Hi ScumBucket,

Formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows 7 often may not be good for your hard disk. It may cause damage to your hard disk. So refrain from reinstall your Operating System.

However you may try booting your computer in safe mode and check.

To boot into safe mode, follow the below steps:

1.    Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then click Restart.

2.    Do one of the following:

·         If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

·         If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

3.    On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press ENTER. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode) .
Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights

If it works fine in Safe Mode, perform Clean Boot and check.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows Vista or Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Note When you perform a clean boot, you may temporarily lose some functionality. When you start the computer as usual, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or you may experience the original behavior.

Follow the below steps to put your computer in clean boot state:

Note If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to modify the advanced boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.

2. Click Start button, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)

4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.

Note Following this step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.

5. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Check the below link for more details on clean boot:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:

1.    Click Start button, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

2.     On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.

3.    When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi ScumBucket,

Follow the steps in this document, How do I know if my computer has a memory problem? to resolve the memory issue on your computer.  Let us know if this helps.

Dena
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Dena

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a question..I am having the same problem and i cant even get it to load on skydive..But..I dont have a memory issue..I ran a test and it says negative to any memory problems..I deleted the mini dump files and even Did a disc cleanup and defrag on my computer..So far it was not crashed...but if it does crash again..what should I do? I am on a gateway NV53 and i got it at the beginning of the year....it did not start doing this until I did one update for windows and since then..its been doing this? Is there a way where you people can connect to my computer and see if you can fix it?

Sorry this didn't help.

ok i will try what you suggested

but i also i provided minidump files... do they not tell anything specific about the problem i am having? i thought they were supposed to?

the stop error code that i got on the blue screen was: 0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x0004ABA7, 0x00000002, 0x00052008).

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

so, after doing some research on this, I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool and it said...

"Windows Memory Diagnostic. 
Your computer has a memory problem.
Memory problems can cause your computer to lose information or stop working. to identify and repair the problem, contact the computer manufacturer."

so does that mean that the problem is definitely the physical RAM and I have to get it replaced?

Sorry this didn't help.