Protected content error after a few seconds of Live TV

Original title: Driver Display Error

When in Media Center watching live TV I get about 2 seconds of TV and then the picture freezes. If I try and do anything else I get this error message "Driver display error Video  playback devise does not support playback of protected content". I recently changed CPU's and motherboard but the video card is the same. I an connected to cable through an ATI digital cable tuner.  I can playback previously recorded material.  Running W7 SP1. Video card is GEForce 9600. I saw an earler similar posting that suggested reducing the hardware acceleration will help but I do not seem to have that option. Have the most current drivers on video card. Thanks
Answer
Answer

No it worked fined before and I have fixed the problem. It was a DRM issue. With a change in the MB and CPU Media Center took it to be a new computer and the DRM applies to a individual computer. By turn off WMC and deleting all the playready, ehome and DRM files and deleting the DRM key in the registry and then reactivating WMC and running the TV set up again everything is now working perfectly. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2022 Views 24,075 Applies to: