I have an issue with the touchpad not working on Windows 7.

Original title : Help. My scroll touchpad stopped working.

I have an Acer Aspire 5750z-4830 laptop. The scroll touchpad does not scroll when I try to. How can I set it back up after I took it to be repaired? Ever since I got it home now it will not work. And I do not have the cd to reinstall it.

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2018 Views 71,772 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community forum. I understand that the scroll touchpad has stopped working.  I will help you with this issue.

Before proceeding with the troubleshooting, provide us with the information.

1.      Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

This issue might occur if there is some discrepancy in the system files or the drivers associated with scroll touch pad. Let us follow these methods:

Method 1.

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Method 2.

You may also follow this article and check if that helps.

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/mouse-touchpad-and-keyboard-problems-in-windows

Method 3.

Check in the control panel if the touch pad mouse is enabled or not. Follow these steps.

1-Click "Start".

2-Select "Control Panel" Click the "Mouse" icon. If you don't see the Mouse icon, select Classic View for the Control Panel.

3-Click the "Devices" tab in the window that appears. Select the "Enable" button.

4-Click the "Apply" button and select "OK".

Method 4.

Alternatively you can also try these steps.

1-Locate the "Fn" key in the lower right or left corner of the laptop keyboard. The "Fn" key typically has different colored text on it or the key itself is a different color.

2-Locate the function (F1 through F12) key at the top of the keyboard that disables or enables the touchpad on the laptop. The key typically has an icon that resembles a touchpad with a finger touching it or a touchpad with a diagonal line through it.

3-Press both the "Fn" and touchpad Function key simultaneously to reactive the touchpad on your laptop. Move your finger along the touchpad to verify that it works. Press the combination at any time to disable the touchpad again.

If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Windows related issue, let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

57 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.