zap2it to Rovi for the Electronic Program Guide

Microsoft has switched from zap2it to Rovi for the Electronic Program Guide. Since the switch I have lost many channels  from Windows Media Center. I have tried to get help from Microsoft and Rovi support. There seems to be no way to fix this mess.

Can anyone shed some light on a way to return the EPG to it's previous listings

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2019 Views 7,719 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

pesky2012,

After you open GuideTool and it connects to Media Center it should show you all of your channels in the left hand side. Then you click on the tuner icon in the toolbar which opens a dialog box and then click on the one of the tuners listed. I don't know if your Hauppauge device has more than 1 tuner but each of my SiliconDust devices have 3 tuners so you have to add the channel to each tuner. 

When you click on a tuner,  the button to add a channel becomes enabled. Click that button and another dialog box opens up where you actually add a  channel. You have to enter the call sign (e.g.  NGCHD, DIYHD, CNNHD, etc), the channel number and the same number in the Physical number field .  After you have entered the info for all of your tuners close the tuner window.

Right click on each channel you have added and in the popup menu click on "Subscribe by call sign". If you added a channel for multiple tuners then shift-click all of the identical channels then right-click and select merge from the popup menu which will combine the channels from multiple tuners in your guide channel lineup.

You can also edit an existing channel that shows the wrong call sign and change its call sign then select "Subscribe by call sign". You can also hide or delete a channel that does not exist or that you don't want to see.

Go to Media Center and you should see the channel(s) you added in the Guide and should be able to view the channel.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.