Windows will not load

Hi,

After shutting my laptop down a couple of nights ago, I've been unable to get it to boot up properly - I can't get to the login screen. At present I don't have access to a recovery disk or any other kind of disc.

There are a few different things that can happen when I turn the laptop on. Sometimes it will give me the load screen with the Medion logo (the company I bought from), then go to a black screen with 'Press F11 to start recovery', and then turn itself off if I don't do anything. If I try to run recovery, it goes to Cyberlink PowerRecover, and sometimes it will launch the recovery program but make no progress, and sometimes it will say 'The program cannot restore the system partition because its structure is incorrect.'

Sometimes it will go to a black screen with white text stating:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (Build 083)

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series V2.39 (01/24/11)

Client Mac ADDR: 4C 72 B9 1A 6F51

GUID: 0034E719-9344-E281-3595-4C72B91A6F51

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE Rom.

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key_

I managed to get to a screen about some sort of recovery service, but none of the options worked. Startup repair gave me this:

Event name: Startup repair offline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: -

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: -1

Problem Signature 05: External media

Problem Signature 06: 1

Problem Signature 07: No OS installed

Locale ID: 1033

System restore gives me: 'To use system restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an OS and then select system restore.

System image recovery gives me: internal error occurred. Cannot find file specified: 0x800700002

Also had at one point:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change may have etc etc,

Insert disc

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot config data.

The file or directory D: is corrupt and unreadable. Please run chkdsk utility.

The laptop is a Medion Akoya P6815 running Windows 7.

Is there any quick way I can determine if it's a software or hardware problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2019 Views 1,288 Applies to:
Hi,

Did you make any hardware or software changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Method 1: I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and check if you are able to boot to the desktop.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try last known good configuration and check if that helps.

Using Last Known Good Configuration

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/using-last-known-good-configuration

Do get back and let us know the status of the issue, I will be glad to help you further. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Vijay, I've actually managed to log into the laptop now. I'm fairly sure that the hard-drive is physically damaged, so I'm going to replace it tomorrow. I have downloaded a copy of Windows 7 which I will put onto a disk, install onto the new drive and activate with my product key. Is there anything else I will need to do to get Windows functioning properly on my new drive?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I would suggest you to refer the article for more information on re-installing Windows 7.

Installing and reinstalling Windows 7

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Sorry this didn't help.