Q: Windows installation discs?? This thread is locked from future replies

I recently purchased a 2 year extention to Mcafee, when I was asked to verify the purchase, it keep saying I needed to purchase it again, when I spoke to Mcafee they sent me 2 links the first to uninstall Mcafee the second to install it again, but after following the first link and removing it, I needed to reboot, and now I cannot get the computer to restart  all I get is a message saying windows failed to start, "Launch Startup Repair" it then asks for the windows installation disc to be inserted and to restart my computer. Windows was preinstalled, all I have is the recovery discs I made after purchasing the computer, I was assured this would work, it dosn't, but I have been told there is a downloadable solution . . . I would appreciate any help

Here are a few download links that may or may not work. These are huge files that will take hours to download, even with a fast connection.

Since your problem was caused by a McAfee product and since the McAfee people appear to be unwilling or unable to resolve it, I would move into a radically different direction:
  1. Use your Windows Repair CD to boot the machine into Repair Mode.
  2. Use System Restore to set Windows back by a few days.
  3. Uninstall McAfee.
  4. Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials. It provides reliable protection against viruses and it is free.
On the other hand, if it irks you that you just paid the licence fee to McAfee, you can persist with that product. It will cost you a lot of your time, the outcome will be uncertain and the end result, if successful, will be the same as with the Microsoft product.

• Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) - X17-58996:
• Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - X17-58997:
• Windows 7 Professional (x86) - X17-59183:
• Windows 7 Professional (x64) - X17-59186:
• Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) - X17-59463:
• Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) - X17-59465:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 33,360 Last updated: December 28, 2017 Applies to: