Windows 7 will not startup normally or in safemode, don't want to loose all my info

The other day when looking at a travel site my screen says Jim is dead with a weird cartoon face, 
then my computer immediately starting downloading or updating something so I freaked out and held the power button to shut down. 
Now my computer will not start up it tells me the startup repair cannot repair this computer
The problems details are: 
Problem event name: startup repair offline
Problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 03: unknown 
Problem signature 04: 21200655
Problem signature 05: auto failover 
Problem signature 06: 15
Problem signature 07: no root cause 

when I restart it it shows a blue screen that says a problem is detected and to make sure there isn't any new hardware, which there shouldn't be because I haven't downloaded anything recently 
Here it also says stop : 0x000000f4 and collecting data for crash dump 

I've tried to restart in safe mode and last known good configuration but it never works and just takes me back to the blue screen, and then gives me the message above with those same problem details 

I've also put multiple codes in the command center and nothing has happened, I would just restore it to factory settings but I've never backed up my computer and I really don't want to loose anything, please helppppp!!!

Oh and it's a dell windows 7

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2017 Views 159 Applies to:
I would just restore it to factory settings but I've never backed up my computer and I really don't want to loose anything, please helppppp!!!
There are three groups of people:
  • The largest group: Those who do not back up their important files or back them up just once in a blue moon.
  • A smaller group: Those who now back up their files frequently because they have suffered a major disaster.
  • The smallest group: Those who back up their files regularly to an external storage medium because they prefer not to wait for the disaster to happen.
There is a gradual migration from the first to the second group. The transition can be extremely painful. In your case the pain might be restricted to going through this process to save your date before you perform the factory restore:
  1. Buy a 2.5" disk in a USB case. They cost very little.
  2. Boot the machine with a Ubuntu boot CD.
  3. Back up your files to the external disk.
  4. Check on a different machine if the files are readable.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks but I was actually able to restore it to an earlier setting after a few attempts, so I didn't loose anything and everything is now backed up, thank goodness!! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks but I was actually able to restore it to an earlier setting after a few attempts, so I didn't loose anything and everything is now backed up, thank goodness!! 
That was a close shave . . .  It seems you have completed the migration to the third group. Will you stay there?

Sorry this didn't help.