Windows 7 will not load Startup Repair from either the Hard Drive or CD

Hello,

A few days ago when I restarted my computer, Windows 7 HP would not load....it just stated "Starting Windows".  I was able to start my computer by entering the repair options and choosing a restore point.  The error stated something to do with a Windows Update. 

Today, my computer froze up so I had to manually shut it down.  Now it does the same thing where it says "Starting Windows" and it never loads.  This time, however, my computer will not even load the Startup Repair to restore to an earlier state.  When I choose this option, it simply says "Loading Files," but it never finishes....I have left it for hours.  I also tried booting from the Windows CD, but it gives me the same "Loading Files" message, and it never loads.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

PC info:

Windows 7 Home Premium, EVGA x58 SLI mobo, 6GB OCZ RAM, 750 GB WD.....the motherboard posts fine with no error codes, BTW.

Thanks,

Matt

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2017 Views 742 Applies to:
Machines that refuse to start up from an installation DVD have in most cases a hardware problem. You need to get it serviced.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Pegasus,

Can you share what I should do or be concerned with now that I've restored my computer after having a similar problem with Windows? I'm not even sure what caused the malfunction. Was this malfunction a forewarning of a larger problem? Specifically the start-up repair options would not work; only the restore option.  I don't have disks of any sort as Windows was loaded onto the computer when it was purchased.

thanks much!

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, can't comment. You have jumped onto someone else's thread without saying what "malfunction" you are experiencing. Best to start your own thread and post full details.

Sorry this didn't help.