On Startup, I get a RunDLL error that reads: "There was a problem starting c:\windows\system32\kfaugcm\shim64_sqzdgv.dll The specified module could not be found." I've tried searching for 'shim64_sqzdgv.dll' in regedit and in the primary (c:) drive in
general but to no avail. The system otherwise seems to work fine but it's annoying that I can't clear this error (when I acknowledge it by clicking 'ok', it just reappears). Does anyone have an idea on how I can clear this error or at least make the error
message stop appearing?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
You appear to have some residual reference to a virus or spyware program that your virus scanner disabled. Here is how you can find out what it is:
- Click Start
- Type the word msconfig into the Search box and press Enter
- Untick every tick mark under the Startup tab.
- Click the Services tab, then tick the box that hides the Microsoft services.
- Untick every remaining tick mark.
- Physically disconnect the machine from the Internet.
- Reboot in Normal Mode.
- If this fixes the problem, restore the tick marks in groups of 4 until you find the culprit, then leave it unticked.
- Restore your Internet connection when finished.
38 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.