Windows 7 not genuine after cloning to RAID 0 array

I just finished cloning a 1tb hard drive onto a 2 disc (500gb each) RAID 0 array using partition wizard. When attempting to boot to the new RAID 0 with the old disc removed from the system, I get a light blue screen indicating windows 7 is not genuine and I cannot get to my desktop. however, if I leave the old disc installed and then boot to the RAID 0, it works fine and takes me into my desktop as though nothing is wrong. I checked and found Windows to be activated and apparently fine.

I read that this might be related to the Intel storage controller driver being corrupted, so I reinstalled it to the RAID 0, but no joy. Besides, it doesn't seem to be the likely problem as the RAID 0 array performs amazingly well as long as the old drive is attached to the system.

The following post was very informative--social.microsoft.com/forums/sv/genuinewindows7/thread/dea5ae1e-e7dc-4b1e-bce5-15c67b05124a  and I began to follow it's advice, but when I launched slui.exe 3 it simply took my product key and successfully activated, but when I attempted to reboot with the old drive removed, no joy. I was never given the opportunity to follow the remaining instructions concerning slui.exe 4 and speaking to a live activation rep.

I was considering following the instructions to recreate the licensing store, but I got cold feet and decided to post here first.

I posted my MGAdiag report (from the RAID 0) at the following link and was told it is Genuine and Activated as I suspected:  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/sv/genuinewindows7/thread/b6e55cde-b40a-4087-9168-abb44930a5f2?prof=required

Oddly I successfully performed this process in the same manner only two weeks ago on a nearly identical system. Weird that it went off without a hitch then, but now I'm stuck.

Any ideas?

Answer
Answer
Thanks for trying to help zigzag3143x. After messing with it for several hours I gave up and simply recloned the original hard drive and now everything is 100% fine. Apparently something failed in the first cloning process.

The RAID 0 is up and running with OUTSTANDING performance. It's especially noticeable in my video editing software. Rendering is 3-4 times faster, and live scrubbing is smooth as a baby's bottom.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2017 Views 319 Applies to: