Windows 7 (home premium X64) hal.dll BSOD when gameing

i have been reading this forum a lot and have tried a few different fixes. first. my computer is extremely clean and dust free. don't tell me to clean it. i have no virus as i have been over the last week almost daily reformatting my hard drive to fix it. it has been going on for a few weeks now. i suspect the way it acts it is a MBR (master boot record) problem, but that does not explain why as in my question. it only BSOD's when i am gaming it seems, or otherwise using graphics in some way. my graphics card is only a few months old (NVIDIA 470). i have reformatted my hard drive many time and reinstalled windows (DBAN and windows built in formatter) i used blue screen view (http://bit.ly/1fIPyq) and it diagnosed me with a hal.dll problem so i used this method to fix

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
 c:
 cd boot
 attrib bcd -s -h -r
 ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
 bootrec /RebuildBcd

but to no avail. some help would be appreciated

my whole system is less than a year old
Windows 7 x64 home premium
nvidia 470
intel core i7
ASrock x58 extreme
|
Answer
Answer
Thanks for your replies.

Boot state was almost fresh as installation of Windows 7 is now 3 days old.

Did SFC check no problems found.

I have no problems booting my system.

The problem has been solved. While Vista had no problems with my system before, Windows 7 did. I increased the voltage of my CPU and RAM (see updates in first post). This solved the problem and system is running perfect and stable now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 17, 2018 Views 44,731 Applies to: