Windows 7 Error during bootup and restarts continuously

Hello, I am having trouble with my Toshiba Sattelite L505 which came with windows 7.
Yesterday I have recently reformatted the laptop, however this morning when I opened it, it goes to the Starting Windows screen with the animation for few seconds, then gives me a blue screen with this) error

STOP: c000021a {Fatal system Error}
The Non-DLL file included in knownDLL list. system process terminated unexpected
ly with a status of 0xc000036f (0x004d5cf0 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

-
After this pops up it restarts until the same thing happens over and over again, I cannot get past the starting windows screen.
Does anyone know a solution? It would be greatly appreciated 

Hi,

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. The error occurs due to the below reasons:

a. Mismatched system files have been installed.
b. A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use. 

To be more specific, the system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (a device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services, etc.), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

Method 1:

Let’s start the computer by using the last known good configuration. To start the computer by using the last known good configuration, follow the steps mentioned:
a. Restart the computer and tap F8. You will see the Advance Boot options  menu.
b. Use the arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

c. Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.

Note
: Choosing the Last Known Good Configuration startup option provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. However, it does not solve problems that are caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.

Have  a look at the below link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

Method 2:

If the above step fails, try to boot the computer in safe mode.

Access the below link to which talks about how to boot the computer from Safe Mode:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

Let us know if you are able to boot the computer in safe mode. We might have to follow further troubleshooting to fix the problem.

Regards,
Afzal Taher
Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply Mr. Taher
I have tried both methods and were both unsucessfull.
Using the last known good configuration it loaded to the splash screen, and again it gives me the same error and reboots.
When I tried safe mode, it load a couple drivers and then gives me the same error.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

bump...
Should I reinstall microsoft windows?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows 7.  I have tried everything..  Cannot open in Safemode or any other option.  I also have the issue that it asks me to log in as the Administrator to try and repair and I cannot for the life of me remember what that is.  I also tried booting up with the Windows 7 OS disk in.  NOTHING...  Help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2019 Views 2,395 Applies to: