Windows 7 Blue Screen - 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

original title: Blue Screen crash: Windows 7

I have been getting a blue screen for the last two weeks, it no longer happens as often as it did the first week,but it does crash at least twice a day. I recently switched from McAfee to Norton, because i was experiencing problems with McAfee, that reduced the regularity of the crashes a bit. but it still crashes twice a day. Here is the error message:

• Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
      OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
      Locale ID:1033
    Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:d1
      BCP1: 0000000000000000
      BCP2: 0000000000000002
      BCP3: 0000000000000000
      BCP4: FFFFF88005C66A45
      OS Version:6_1_7600
      Service Pack:0_0
      Product:768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\102710-58366962-01.dmp
      C:\Users\Dee\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58451328-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Secondly, there is a program that keeps wanting to be installed. the programs name is: UACProxy.exe, Publisher:Unkown, File origin:Hard Drive on my computer. Program location: C:/ProgramData/OfficeGuardianV2?UACProxy.exe. I can't seem to find it,in order to get rid of it

I am not sure if these two problems are related. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Answer
Answer

Hi linmeirs,

There are many reasons why your system may crash due to a “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” STOP error. This has many possible causes, but the most common scenarios are: Faulty drivers, Hardware issue (especially RAM) or Anti-virus software problem.

Adding to the suggestions provided, check to see if the following helps.

Method 1:Run Memory Diagnostics test to check for any memory problems. Refer the below mentioned link for the same.

Diagnosing memory problems on your computer

Method 2:

Step 1:  Check for the issue in a clean boot state. To do so, follow these steps.

a.       Click Start, type “msconfig.exe” (without quotes) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration Utility.

b.      On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.

c.       On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Step 2: If the issue does not occur then, follow this article to find out the cause if the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Note:Make sure you put the computer back to Normal Startup once you are done.

Method 3: Update the chipset, video card, display and network adapter drivers to the latest by visiting the computer manufacturer’s website.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Update drivers: recommended links

Refer the below mentioned link for more information.

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

Hope this helps!

Syed N – Microsoft Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2017 Views 924 Applies to: