When I try to use window's backup utility I get "The System cannot find the file specified." error after about 80%. I have the RC version 7100 and I am backing up to an external 1TB harddrive (Seagate FreeAgent) from a 640 GB drive partitioned into 40
GB xp dirve (50% used), 80GB windows 7 drive (60% used), 160GB Documents drive (90% used, mostly itunes tv shows), and the rest for live TV (10% used). I'v tried turning off the system image feature and unchecking locations that might have files that currently
in use. I want to backup all of C (xp drive), the system info and user profiles from D (Windows 7 drive) and my java programs on E (Documents drive). I can backup the rest myself manually.
Sorry if this is too much info but I've had 3 harddrive fail on me in 2 weeks earlier this summer and lost everything and I don't want to start over again so any help would be greatly appretiated!
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
You may want to run a CheckDisk or your favorite hard drive checker. You can run CheckDisk by going to Start, right click the drive, choose Properties, go to the Tools tab and
click Check Now.
If the CheckDisk is clear, you may want to try doing a System File scan by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
You may be prompted to continue. In the Command Prompt type the following command and press enter:
If you are worried about data loss, you should be able to back up those files manually or at the very least, all of your documents and personal files, movies, etc.