Windows 7 64, Blue Screen Stop Error: 0x00000050 during reboot or start-up

Pretty constant issue as per Title.

What happens is if I reboot Windows 7, 64 on my system I get a blue screen error.  Once that happens the machine restarts, goes through System Repair for 10 minutes or so, says it can't fix the problem, restarts and more often than not Windows then works.

Once working the computer has no problems at all.

I've updated the BIOS.  I've checked the Memory and hard disk and no problems are reported.  There appear to be no conflicts in Device Manager and I've updated all drivers I can.

During the Windows 7 install last week I had an issue first time around and partitioned 100MB of the Hard drive.  Since then I've formatted the drive and done a fresh install on the larger partition.

I wrote down the gist of what the last blue screen said, and this was:

Windows Shutdown.  CLASSPNP.SYS, PAGE-FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Stop Error: 0x00000050

I would appreciate any help with this, and if I can provide any further information to assist with this I will do my best to accommodate.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated January 10, 2019 Views 51,243 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

I have heard of but not seen that same problem when using 2x2 with 2x1 working so I
would email ASUStek and the memory maker to ask for advice especially since the one
stick seems to work alone (both work individually if I correctly understand).

It used to be "if it ain't broke don't fix it" however when dealing with a new OS and drivers
that are constantly being updated and improved its prudent to stay up-to-date. Especially
true for BIOS and chipset drivers which many seem to omit.

Good troubleshooting and its seems you have it well sorted out.

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT 2010 - current
Windows Insider MVP 2016 - current

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Thanks for all the advice.

2x2gb even with reduced ram speeds gives blue screens.  I also tried swapping them around.

The first 1x2gb gives blue screens, even with reduced ram speeds, if used in either motherboard slot.

The second 1x2gb works without issue at max ram speed in either motherboard slot.

I will post a messgage on the Asustek motherboard forum and mention the issue and see what the response is.

In the absence of anything from there I intend to contact ebuyer tomorrow to implement a return (bought less than 28 days ago), and replace with QVL 2x2gb ram.

It has been an intesive learning experience for me, and I thank you for assisting me with this.  If I do this again I will certainly be better equipped to deal with situations rather than hoping for the best it was going to work out!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.