This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows

I tried to repair my Windows 7 Pro X64 system using the System Repair disc I had created after installation and received the message:-

"This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of windows."

I then tried to repair using the original installation disc and received the same message.

Eventually I recovered the system from a month old Norton Ghost backup and then re-applied the changes and updates.

After the recovery I created a new system repair disc and booted from that disc only to receive the same message once again.

There is obviously something wrong in the system repair setup.

Answer
Answer
Have done some more testing on this issue and have found that if there is more than one HDD on the system then to prevent the occurence of:-
"This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of windows."

the windows system disc has to be on a lower channel than any other disc and must be the first disc in the boot priority list
or
all discs but the system disc should be disabled in the BIOS

169 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I have found that if I disable my second HDD in BIOS and leave only the windows system disc then the compatibility problem does not occur.

The 0xc000000e problem with "Repair Your System" from Advanced Boot was solved with the help of Mark Wharton on the Acronis Forum.

Windows 7, "Repair your computer" F8 boot option not working (SOLVED) | Knowledge Base

103 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 74,087 Applies to: