I've been for some weeks with this situation: Unable to boot in windows 7 , or fix boot files using any popular solution that is out there.
I've even begun studying the logics of how boot happens to
recreate missing/corrupted boot files. This is the aim.
- How I got there? I'm having HP-MINI-200 , an old laptop. In order to install windows 7 starter back on the clean, formatted HDD, I had to use so called silent install (using
ImageX tool). So I did! Managed this from an external HDD's live win8.1. All good, but my windows 7 is boot-able only through the external HDD, which had this windows 8.1 live on.
- so insted of fixing that! I messed everything up as well as possible
- I'm sure there is no valid store file
- Do not know what is with mbr - it is kinda fixed
- windows 7 setup usb recovery tool even does not discover that there is an installed windows.
- might be something more .. run your diagnostics on me..
I squeezed an 200 MB partition in front of all this, as before windows 7 files begun with first bit of hard drive
I' hoping for someone who is comfortable with knowledge about things mentioned in title of this topic. I need to set right partitions active and bootable [?] rebuild MBR , rebuild store files and bind in a valid GUID somehow [?]
p.s I think only the beginning of boot logics is messed up .. somewhere, till kernel loads. Actually, I'm not smart, in these things, please help. What to do !?