system boot logics, boot files, initialization.

Hello There!

I've been for some weeks with this situation: Unable to boot in windows 7 , or fix boot files using any popular solution that is out there.

I've even begun studying the logics of how boot happens to recreate missing/corrupted boot files. This is the aim.

• How I got there? I'm having HP-MINI-200 , an old laptop. In order to install windows 7 starter back on the clean, formatted HDD, I had to use so called silent install (using ImageX tool). So I did! Managed this from an external HDD's live win8.1. All good, but my windows 7 is boot-able only through the external HDD, which had this windows 8.1 live on.
  • so insted of fixing that! I messed everything up as well as possible
    • I'm sure there is no valid store file
    • Do not know what is with mbr - it is kinda fixed
    • windows 7 setup usb recovery tool even does not discover that there is an installed windows.
    • might be something more .. run your diagnostics on me..
  • I squeezed an 200 MB partition in front of all this, as before windows 7 files begun with first bit of hard drive

I' hoping for someone who is comfortable with knowledge about things mentioned in title of this topic. I need to set right partitions active and bootable [?] rebuild MBR , rebuild store files and bind in a valid GUID somehow [?]

p.s I think only the beginning of boot logics is messed up .. somewhere, till kernel loads. Actually, I'm not smart, in these things, please help. What to do !?

Answer
Answer

Hmm, i expanded Minty's tutorial, else words i accepted it, because I had to.

Partition tool is useles, because I can repartition from anywhere (gparted live at this time), thanks thou ;)

Useles any how in order to solve this problem, because i need to save this installation, there is applications i set up und os on.. i lived there.

Misteriously second link's method, you offer, i tried also. So i guess MBR might be rebuilded correctly.

Third link you offer looks lovely, i'll look at it, althou it is not close to my solution. Clean install is no option for me.

Thank you man for your attention and for suggesting the realistical pathway!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Reading the Minty link you provided you had to install on the hard drive in the targeted pc not from an external hard drive.

Venturing a guess, I'd say use EaseUS Partition Master to repartion the HP pc and reinstall from there.

http://www.partition-tool.com/

How to Fix an MBR Inaccessible External Hard Drive
http://www.ehow.com/how_10032548_fix-mbr-inaccessible-external-hard-drive.html

Build a Windows 7 Image - Sysprep & ImageX

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preparing-an-image-using-sysprep-and-imagex.aspx

Realistically - I'd suggest you repost the question to TechNet Forums where IT pros can help set right partitions active and bootable [?] rebuild MBR , rebuild store files and bind in a valid GUID somehow [?]

TechNet Forum

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2017 Views 113 Applies to: