Question
Applies to

Pls help with blue screens on my laptop

Lee_R77 asked on
Any help would be appreciated as I'm about to try recovery back to factory settings.

I keep getting blue screens on my Acer Aspire 5830TG (Timeline X), intel core i5-2430M CPU @2.4GHZ, Ram 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GeForce GT 540M GPU. It seem to start after I updated the driver for the GPU using Nvidia GeForce Experience. After that the control panel said I didn't have an Nvidia card, just the integrated Intel one - it supposed to be designed to switch between the two to balance graphics power and battery efficiency.
Now more times than not I boot up the laptop and it's really slow and task manager says it's using nearly all of the 6gb ram and then usually shortly after it blue screens.
Please help me
2 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

As for McAfee, yes, remove it using the instructions I provide.

As for your drivers, rather than going through Windows Update or Device Manager's 'Update this Driver' (which by the way gets the driver from the Windows Update servers), let's get them for the manufacturers website. For example, if you have an HP computer or laptop, go to HP's driver website. Same if you have a Dell, etc. If you'd like, I can go one step further and find the drivers for you if you cannot if you provide me with the model # of your computer or laptop.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress