My computer crashed. The shop wiped the hard drive clean and installed Windows 7 - I hate it. I want Vista back. How do I do it?

My computer crashed.  The shop wiped the hard drive clean and installed Windows 7 - I hate it.  I want Vista back.  How do I do it?
The shop broke it - you ask them to fix it (unless you are happy to pay for a Vista licence).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My computer crashed.  The shop wiped the hard drive clean and installed Windows 7 - I hate it.  I want Vista back.  How do I do it?

Honestly - this is unusual (someone liking Vista.)  However, not the issue at hand.

Did you purchase Windows 7 / did they charge you for it?

Is the CoA sticker still on the machine (that states you should have Vista) and is it legible (the product key, that is)?  If so - you should take it back to the shop and demand they put the OS that came with the system back on the system.  [Do not post your product key here!]

They/you will have to install any other applications you use back onto the system from the installation file/media.

What is the make & model of the computer?
What method did/does it have for restoring to factory defaults?
Have you contacted the original manufacturer (the name brand of the computer) to see about getting recovery/restoration media?

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2017 Views 46 Applies to: