Question
Applies to

IRQL not less or equal blue screen error

LilOA asked on

Hi,

If anyone can help me with this problem,

My computer keeps crashing with a blue screen multiple times a day every day. I have tried so many things but nothing seems to work, it may only improve it for a short time that it is back to normal.

If you need any information from my computer to see what is causing this then please ask. I have a windows 7 and a HP S2031a desktop, I have never had this before and the computer is about 2 years old.

Thank you

22 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Indeed, as I imagined.

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

A fatal hardware error has occurred. This fatal error displays data from the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

If we run an !errrec on the 2nd parameter of the bug check (address of the WER structure) we get the following:

===============================================================================
Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor    @ fffffa800389e148
Section       @ fffffa800389e2d0
Offset        : 664
Length        : 264
Flags         : 0x00000000
Severity      : Fatal

Error         : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 0)
  Status      : 0xb63a200000000135
  Address     : 0x000000007264ff30
  Misc.       : 0x0000000000000000

DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR implies that there was a problem restoring data deferred to the L1 Cache when the instruction was needed.

I also see mention of the following bug check just before as well -

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (FE)

This indicates that an error has occurred in a universal serial bus (USB) driver.

---------------------------

Generally when you have both 0x124 and 0xFE, it implies either a faulty CPU and/or motherboard. I am actually more inclined to believe a motherboard given the 0xFE. If it was just 0x124 by itself, I'd lean more towards CPU by itself.

Anyway, with this said, this is clear hardware failure at this point as we've removed the possible software conflicts. I can see this is an HP system, and with that said, you cannot replace the parts by yourself, so the best thing to do is contact HP and check if the system is under warranty. If it is, it will be repaired/replaced. If not, unfortunately, it's time for a new PC (as sad as it is to say).

Regards,

Patrick

Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
3 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress