Question

Q: system restore This thread is locked from future replies

My question is this... My current pc came with vista preloaded...I did not receive a CD disk with it...Rather the manufacture had set up a recovery partition for me to restore the system. In addition ,  vista also gave me the option to make recovery disks which i did. If I upgrade to windows 7 and do a clean install will it give me that same one time option to create the recovery disk for my computer?  Also,  when i do install windows 7 will it give me the option to wipe my whole hard drive including the old recovery partition and allow me to create a new recovery partition?  I realize that it is the manufacturer that has set up the recovery partition, and i have never had to do it for myself before, so I was wondering if that is some kind of option with windows 7 or if i am on my own to create a new one?       

Answer

A:

Recovery mechanisms are created by a PC's manufacturer, not by Windows. When you upgrade to Windows 7 or do a clean installation of Windows 7 then you will NOT get a direct factory recovery option. If it is an upgrade then you will have to perform a two-step process:
1. Do a Vista factory recovery.
2. Do an upgrade to Windows 7.

If it is a clean installation then you have to repeat the installation process.

However - Windows 7 gives you the option of burning an image file to DVD. Use it!
ID#0211. If this response was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click "Propose as answer". Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 394 Last updated: November 24, 2017 Applies to: