How to restore the original Windows 7 Font folder?

Recently I got carried away and installed hundreds of additional fonts from a Greeting-card program I installed, and as a result my Works program presents me with a message that says  "You have over 500 fonts in the system. Reduce the number of fonts or the display may be incorrect." Although I get that message, it doesn't seem to affect that or any other program, but I think it would be a good idea to restore the original fonts folder and and start over, if for no other reason than to get rid of that annoying message. I've tried "Restore default font settings" in the fonts folder but that doesn't do it. Searches via various engines are of no avail

All ideas/help/suggestions appreciated.
Answer
Answer
It suddenly occurred to me that I had a laptop with Windows 7 installed with the original fonts, so I copied those into a folder and imported the folder onto my main machine desktop. Then I opened the fonts folder in the main machine, selected them all and chose Delete, knowing that Windows wouldn't let me delete essential fonts. Sure enough, I was able to get rid of all but about 81, if memory serves, so then I imported the fonts from the folder from my laptop into the main computer, resulting in the original 286 or so fonts, so my problem is solved.

I doubt if this is a problem for very many, and doubt if more than a few of those have a folder available with the originals, but this worked for me.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 1, 2020 Views 17,119 Applies to: