how do i reformat my computer if my laptop came pre loaded with windows 7 home premium 64 bit

My laptop is seriously jacked up right now and i need to reformat my computer.  Unfortunately my compter came pre loaded with windows 7 home premium 64 and i do not have the disk handy for an easy fix.  I've tried doing function 8 at the startup to run an asus image restore to bring it back to factory settings but it will not go through and my back up on my external hard drive will not work either.  Obviously this creates an issue, if it helps any i'm on an asus k52n laptop.  Catalyst control center keeps crashing, mozilla firefox is acting up (not responding so i have to run safe mode and delete the parent lock every time i get on).  These are just a couple of the various issues im having and im lementing the thought of having to pay $150 for a product i technically have already payed for.... if anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.  
Answer
Answer

The Asus website says that you should be using F9 for recovery (method 1)...

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=K52N&s=245&hashedid=59op0BTagylvA63E&os=&no=1775

...or the recovery DVD's (method 2), you did create them didn't you? If not I would suggest that you do so now, if you can, or after effecting recovery if you cannot do it immediately.

Your manual can be downloaded here...

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=245&m=K52N&os=&hashedid=59op0BTagylvA63E

...page 14 of appendix A gives instructions for creating your recovery media, look for AI Recovery Burner as an icon on your desktop or look for it via the start menu.

Tricky

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
im lementing the thought of having to pay $150 for a product i technically have already payed for.... if anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.  

All you need is to check the Asus web site for instructions on how to perform a Factory Restore.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2017 Views 1,606 Applies to: