Fatal error c0190003 after installing Service Pack 1 in Windows 7 computer.

Original Title: Fatal error c0190003 for updates and computer will not go past this error... system recovory wont work because of issues deleting a file/directory.

I started doing updates and one of the updates was the windows 7 SP1 and this was happening overnight... today when i come to check my computer it says it has a fatal error c0190003 and my computer does not go past this error... i have restarted and rebooted my computer more than enough times to be sure that this problem needs attention and cannot be ignored...(meaning i cant go through it without doing something about it).. so i read that i should restore my computer to a previous point... and i only have one system restore point and that is i believe right before i started downloading the updates.... but when i do system restore it gives me an error in the end saying: "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computers system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory. Path: D:\Windows\winsxs\FileMaps\$$_ehome_createdisc_filters_5fe1b967f204215a.cdf-m" and the rest is blocked off.... i cant read it... nor can i enlarge the window  so if anyone can please help i would be gratefull a whole lot

Answer
Answer

Hi,

How have you performed system restore?

Let’s follow these steps & check if the issue persists:

Step 1

a) Try to revert the update installation by running DISM command from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) & check if you are able to boot to the desktop normally.

Follow the steps from this link to boot into Windows Recovery Environment. For more information, follow the section To open the System Recovery Options menu on your computer

b) You will need to know the date and time that the update was installed for this procedure.

c) From the command prompt run the following command: "DISM /Image:C:\ /Cleanup-Image /RevertPendingActions"

d) Then reboot your PC.

Step 2

Thereafter, try installing Service Pack 1. However, before you proceed with the installation of the update. Please follow these links:

Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Hope the information helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2019 Views 2,709 Applies to: