Error- Oxc000000f after reboot.

I don't want to use system recovery, is there any way I can download the boot manager? I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64- bit. Is there any way I can download the boot files since I don't want to lose all of my files using the system restore option. I' d appreciate any help, Thanks.
Answer
Answer
When you placed the disk into the system, did you make sure that your device startup list in your BIOS has the optical drive loaded first, or that you've pressed the appropriate key at startup to bring up the startup list and selected the optical drive? It sounds as if it's still going straight to the system drive instead of loading from the recovery disk.

If you do happen to get to the recovery disk (I'm assuming the Windows 7 recovery or installation disk), click "Repair your computer" then follow the procedure till you get to the list of tools. Use the command prompt and then do a CHKDSK /R followed by an SFC /SCANNOW. You may need to specify for CHKDSK what drive you wish to check (which will be the letter of the system drive). Once those two are complete, try to see if the problem is resolved. If not, then we can continue diagnosing it from there. In cases like this involving a missing file (c000000f NTSTATUS code), sometimes it may even be necessary to restore the system to a previous system restore point.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 23, 2017 Views 809 Applies to: