Error BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER STOP 0x000000FE Windows crashes with bluescreen

Original Title: Blue Screen Alienware m11x r2 win 7 home premium

This is the link to the skydrive files of the 2 latest minidump files.

I Have had this BSOD happen twice yesterday and once today. I do not think that the things that I was doing on the computer to cause the BSOD is related. Once was when I was on a web page, one happened when I shut the laptop lid for a few minutes, and once when I was playing online POGO games (does not use that much resources). Last night my dad tried to resolve it by running a disc check and not to sure what else and must have erased the other minidumps. So attached is the last two files.

The blue screen said  BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

***STOP 0x000000FE (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000006, 0x0000000000000005, 0xFFFFFA800AA7CB20)

Event log said:
Log name: system
Source: kernel-power
Event ID: 41
Level: critical
User: system
Opcode: info
Task category: (63)
Keywords: (2)

My computer is:
Alienware M11x R2
Intel i5 U520
8GB RAM
NVIDA GeForce GT 335M
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Version 6.1.7607 service pack 1 Build 7601

This is my first time posting here and any help would be appreciated. Let me know if I am doing something wrong or need more info. Also please let me know if the link to the skydrive at the top is wrong. Also let me know if I should have not made the minidump files public. Thank you.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Have you made any recent software or hardware changes on your computer?

I would suggest you to go through the steps mentioned in the link and check.

STOP 0x000000FE" error in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2 when the computer enters or resumes from sleep (S3) or from hibernation (S4)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974410

Also refer:

Stop error code 0x0000009F or Stop error code 0x000000FE on a Windows 7-based or Windows Vista-based computer that uses certain AMD USB EHCI host controllers

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982091

Microsoft has tips for troubleshooting Blue Screens at this link so check them out and use the
methods below for more in depth troubleshooting.

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Rohit Chettri
Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi, 

I have not done most of the steps, It was not going into sleep/hibernate, I dont have a AMD chipset,  I did restore it before and checked if I have the latest drivers while the blue screen issue was happening.

But I have not got the BSOD for a few days now. It must have been the WLAN antenna frayed and grounding out.  I will post if anything happens but it seems all is good for now. 

Thanks for your help.

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 7, 2020 Views 7,473 Applies to: