dxdiag.exe gives bad image error

Hi. I am running windows 7 x64. Yesterday I noticed that my game assassin's creed which ran in directx 10 mode earlier was running in directx 9 mode, So, I tried to force it in directx 10 mode but it gave error and exited. Then I tried to run direct x diagnostic tool dxdiag.exe but it is not opening up. It gives an error "dxdiag.exe- bad image C:\Winodws\sysWOW64\d3d10.dll is either not desgined to run on Windows or it contains an error." and when I press okay button then it says "Error: Could not load DXDIAGGN.dll".

I have tried reinstalling my latest graphics drivers but no avail. I also tried updating directx but it says that I already have the most recent updates. I also have all the updates installed via windows updates. I have been using some registry cleaners but I have undone all the changes even after that it doesn't work. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Answer
Answer
Store your personal documents on an external drive and use the restore partition to restore your Windows.
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2024 Views 2,853 Applies to: