Differing versions of MFC80U.DLL and AutoCAD 2007 crash

I have investigated the AutoCAD 2007 mfc80u.dll error (FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7592b737h) when opening files and using the recent files option. I have conquered this error in a previous installation, but recently had to reinstall and this error will not go away. I have searched my C: drive for all instances of this file. I have 7 different versions (in 8 locations). They vary (.1833, .762, .3079, .42, .762, .4027 & .4053) and via ProcessExplorer, it reports AutoCAD is using version .4053. In the process of investigating, I've seen a command line to uninstall VC2005 amoung other things. My question is which file version is correct? How do i manually make sure the most recent/correct version is good, not corrupt, etc.? And remove any others that may be playing havoc in my system.  I have a screen shot of found file, but don't know how to post it. TIA.

JDanW

|
Hi,

I would suggest you to post this issue in AutoCAD forum.
http://forums.autodesk.com/

Refer:

Thanks and Regards
Umesh P - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Umesh, thanks for replying. Autodesk forums is what informed me the mfc80u.dll is the issue. No fix I could find anywhere fixes my system. I might try it again, but I came here because I want to cut to the chase and fix the dll.

The point of the post is the desire to know what's wrong with the mfc80u.dll(s) I have on this system. The link to the kb shows the version it installs is 3079. I have investigated enough to know that the problem is with the dll mentioned.

I may be ignorant, but there had to have been a corrupt version that made it out. I would like to know if anyone knows if this is the case, what the latest and correct version is (is the version number incremental, i.e. 42<762<1833<3079<4053?). And how can I delete the offending dll as Windows 7 has them locked down.

JDanW

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

well, I guess that's all I get? no response to my clarification? BUMP!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JDanW,

Different software uses different versions of themfc80u.dll file. For example Visual Studio uses version 42. At this time, there is no need to delete any of the versions you have installed on your computer. Running anSFC scan may resolve the issue with this registry file. Follow the steps below.

1.     Go toStart.

2.     Click onAll Programs.

3.     Right-click onCommand Prompt.

4.     SelectRun as Administrator.

5.     At the command prompt typesfc /scannow (there is a space between c and /).

Dena
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Dena

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2018 Views 1,275 Applies to: