command prompt sfc /scannow 'corrupt files found'

HELP!!!! Laugh out Loud.

I am running windows 7 64 bit. I recently ran the Sfc scannow. I have found that windows detected corrupted files but could not fix them. I did manage to open the sfcdetails.txt in notepad to get the files and WOW... mega big page with very long file names that are beyond me. There were four lots of files in the page that were corrupted. Mmmmmmm.

I have been looking and was given some details on how to fix this with a windows 7 cd and was wondering if this is the way to repair all these files automatically?

Reboot your computer with the win7 cd in its drive: Go to repair you computer, then go to command prompt.

The command for the corrupt files that was found and will be repaired automatically by windows from the cd is:

D:\>sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows

Will this do the trick automatically?

James

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2018 Views 1,890 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Most windows 7 computers that have had Windows Update KB3022345 installed will produce unfixable corrupted system files message.  You probably installed this May, 2015 update and it is the problem.

To make matters worse, it is unlikely an update you want because its purpose is to make it easier for you to upgrade to Windows 10.

While you are at it, uninstall these other two updates which have similar purposes: KB3035583 and KB2952664

1. Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, View Installed updates.

2. WAIT a long time till you see the green bar across the top complete its trip

3. Type KB3022345 into the search box

4. When it comes up, uninstall it.

5. close the window

6. Start globe, All Programs, Windows Update, Check for Updates.

7. When it finishes find KB3022345, right-click, choose hide.

8. Run SFC again and you will find no problems

It has been broadly discussed and publicized.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/sfc-cannot-fix-corrupted-files-in-windows-7/f798f377-126c-47ff-bb16-ef5e0dddb5be

After you do this, re-run SFC and you will not have corruption.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

James

PxHelp.20  is about the software not being compatible with Windows7.

Some of your installed software may not be suitable for Windows 7. Please download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and upload a copy of the report to your OneDrive as a shared file:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=20

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.