Clean Windows 7 install...Why am I getting Blue Screen after installing windows updates? Please help

original title: Clean Windows 7 install...Why am I getting BSOD after installing windows updates? Please help

Hello, all. I built my first gaming PC last week. The build went well, but the following day, I got 2 or 3 random bsod's, usually on start up. Updated mobo bios hoping it would solve the problem. System was stable for a couple days, then started getting bsod's again. One on start up, one after computer was idle. After another crash after booting up my PC this evening, I decided to do a clean install of Windows 7 (64 bit). Got all "up to date" drivers for all components, did not install any extra programs other than Steam and Norton. Everything was running fine... until I started performing the numerous Windows Updates. Then, it started happening again. BSOD's. I have ran checks on the RAM, SSD, etc, but have come up with no issues. Must be a conflict with 1 (or more) of the windows updates. I have restored from a previous point where windows was working and its been about an hour with no crashes, but I would really like to figure out what is causing this and want to know if I should preform further Windows updates?... Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new at this, but am somewhat technically sound, and can give you any info you need to provide me with any help. Once again, thank you. 

P.S.
My set up- (just in case you need it)

Windows 7 (64 bit)
i7 2600k
Asus P8z68-v/gen3
Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD
EVGA gtx 480
Seasonic x650 power supply
Corsair h100 cpu cooling
Corsair 500r case 
Corsair Vengeance RAM 1600 8gb

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2019 Views 2,437 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Please answer each of the following diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply (no need to quote this post):

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Did Win7 come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win7, or did you upgrade from Vista to Win7?

1c. What necessitated the clean install?

1d. After you completed the clean install, which did you do first: Check for & install Windows Update or get NAV 2011 installed & then upgrade to NAV 2012?

2. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

3. Is Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (already) installed? See...

• Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/which-version-of-the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running

4. Are ALL of the following updates listed in View installed updates (not Update History)? [1]

• KB2621440, KB2667402, KB2641653, KB2665364 & KB2647518;

• KB2647516, KB2654428, KB2645640; KB2631813, KB2644615, KB2584146, KB2585542 & KB2556532

• KB2633879 or KB2633873 [<=TELL ME WHICH ONE]

• KB2656355 or KB2656356 [<=TELL ME WHICH ONE]

• KB2544521 or Windows Internet Explorer 9 [<=TELL ME WHICH ONE]

5. Is Automatic Updates set to the AUTOMATIC configuration?

6. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

7. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; Advanced System Optimizer; TuneUp Utilities; CCleaner)?

==============================================
[1] Start | Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.