Can't log on as administrator or use administrator privileges as a standard user - Windows 7

I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate and when I try to log on as administrator it freezes at the welcome screen and then I get a winlogon.exe Application error and get blue screened. I can log on as a regular user but when I use administrator privileges it  the screen dims after dims after entering the password until I press CTRL + ALT + DEL. 

I tried starting with safe mode but I get the same issue and can't use Startup Repair because it requires admin access.

Also I ran a virus scan with Avira AntiVir Personal and found one Trojan which it move to quarantine but the problem still persists. 

I have two ideas on what the problem might be; 

1. The Laptop was on adapter power only with the battery taken out and someone pulled out the wire causing the system to shutdown with force.

2. The virus effected the system because the antivirus had to extract it. (I can't manually deleted because, again, I need admin access)

Answer
Answer
Is there any other way? I don't have the CD and would prefer not buying it but i would prefer this over formatting the hdd. 

Thanks

If you wish to manage your PC yourself then a Repair CD is an absolute necessity. You have these options:
  • Burn one on another machine. It takes less than five minutes.
  • Borrow one from a friend.
  • Buy one here: http://systemdiscs.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2017 Views 119 Applies to: