BSOD, Locale ID: 1033, BCCode: 116

Hi all, this has happened several times now in the last few days, but I've turned on my computer with a dialogue box open that says my computer bluescreened at some point.  I never have actually seen the bluescreen yet, but I have had the problem of my computer seemingly failing to boot up when I try to turn it on ('starting windows' screen comes up, followed by black screen.  Only option is then to button-shutdown the laptop.)  I can still restart the computer in safe mode when this happens.  Also a third issue, my laptop's display has been acting up lately as well, where the screen starts to become a flurry of checkerboard patterns: 

So my question is, are these things all related somehow? They've all started recently.  Or... is my computer just very screwed up in a number of ways right now.  I have the .dmp file of the latest bluescreen event if anyone wants to see it, I don't know how to add it to the post though...

Thanks,
W

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2018 Views 3,374 Applies to:
Answer

Sorry to hear you're having artifacts! Well, at this point, I am going to go ahead and say that this is an issue with the video card (hardware-wise), and not a driver issue. I'd say it's a driver issue, but we've been left & right with different versions, including rolling back to early version(s), so I don't believe it is.

I would at this point go ahead and contact the manufacturer and let them know you are getting artifacts, and different display drivers aren't helping so you'd like a repair (or depending on warranty and age) replacement if possible.

Regards,

Patrick

Debugger/Reverse Engineer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.