Question
Applies to

BSOD error (Locale ID) 1033

Tyler Honeycutt asked on
I'm Running Microsoft Windows 7 Pro x64 (SP1) and I have been getting a BSOD Error (Locale ID) 1033 recently and have the mini dump and XML information available. When I check my event viewer I find something along the lines of a Kernel power issue. It states "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I believe it is a power supply issue as I have had some stutter in my games at times followed by my screen going blank and nvidia control panel recovering from a kernel power failure (going off what I remember, not sure if that's what it stated). I have had my PSU for about 4 years now. Can anybody give me a second opinion or look through my mini-dump file to tell me what is wrong? All my hardware is running at stock factory speed and the system load at which it crashes seems to have no difference (whether or not what I'm doing is intensive, it crashed randomly). My PSU not being officially Haswell ready was a concern for me before I even upgraded (did this upgrade awhile back at the launch of Haswell and it ran smooth until now, did a clean install of windows as well), but according to The big Haswell PSU compatibility list - The Tech Report - Page 1 my PSU is confirmed to work with the Haswell chips. From what I've read on similar forums is that it's more often a software issue, but all things considered I'm not yet convinced that it is. Here is what WhoCrashed reports:

My Hardware:
Intel i5-4670k Processor - CPU 
MSI Z87-G45 - Motherboard (BIOS version 1.6)
Kingston HyperX Blu PC3-12800 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600MHz - RAM
Antec TRUEPOWER QUATTRO 1000W - PSU
MSI GTX770 N770 TF 2GD5/OC - GPU

Here is the Mini dump and XML from my BSOD On Mon 12/30/2013 10:16:45 AM:

So is my issue software or hardware related? Haven't been able to get a screenshot of the BSOD error yet, but I just set my computer to not automatically restart so next time it happens I'll upload it if I can't resolve the problem by then. Any help regarding my issue would be appreciated.
3 people had this question

Abuse history

progress