Question
Applies to

Blue Screen: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

X_Edward asked on
Hello everyone!

This is first time here on the Microsoft Community page. Recently, I've been getting a blue screen of death each time I open an open either a text file or a Microsoft Word document.

After I open a doc / word text, about 5-6 seconds later, the blue screen comes along and it says that "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".
I tried getting the Blue Screen dump information into a document, however, I can't open the file without my computer crashing.

So I took a picture of the Blue Screen, and I'll do my best to type everything out.

"Technical Information: 

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF900c26ce110, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF9600004DD92, 0x0000000000000000)

win32k.sys - Address FFFFF9600004DD92 base at FFFFF96000000000, Datestamp 51aebla7"

So far, here are the things that I have tried to fix it, but have come up with no avail:

- Check disk error (it says that was a corrupted file, and that it fixed it. However, that didn't not resolve my issue"

- I haven't installed any new drivers or updated any drivers

- I've ran a virus/ malware scan (computer is clean)

What else can I do? This problem hit me about a week ago, and within one more week, I'm off to college. 
I don't have the money to buy a new laptop, and I don't know what else to do.

I really appreciate any input / help I can get.

Thank you,

- Edward

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Hi,

Thanks, please follow these instructions:

1. Go here - http://support.toshiba.com/

2. In the box that says 'Enter model or serial number', type S6959 and click the only one that pops up

3. Once on the redirected page, click the 'Drivers & Updates' tab

4. Once on the tab, under the 'Filter By' category on the left-hand side, click 'Utility'

5. Once on under Utility, please select either:

Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista/7 (32)
Posted Date: 2009-11-09 | Version: 1.2.33 | Size: 43.67M

OR
Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista/7 (64)
Posted Date: 2009-11-09 | Version: 1.2.33_64 | Size: 45.79M
(32) if you have an x86 (32-bit) Operating System, or (64) if you have an x64 Operating System (64-bit).

If you do not, navigate to Start > Search > right click 'Computer' and select 'Properties'. It will tell you there.

Once that driver is downloaded, let's continue:

6. Click the red 'X' next to Utility now to unfilter your results, and this time let's select any other important drivers you have not updated (keyword important)... so for example:

Chipset
Display
HDD
LAN

etc...

For any other info - http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Drivers-and-Utilities-Knowledge/How-To-Identifying-and-locating-the-correct-driver-for-your/ta-p/422303

In regards to 'Toshiba ODD Writing Driver (CD/DVD)', I had a hard time finding an update applicable for it under the Drivers tab. You can remove the software tied to that driver if you'd like for troubleshooting purposes.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress