Question
Applies to

Another BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0

NealGregoire asked on

Hi

I am hoping you will be able to help me.  For the last three days I have been getting the BSOD.  I have used BlueScreenView and it indicates that the problem is being caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe located at ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0.  The blue screen message is that "a modification of a system code or critical data structure was detected."

I have run Dell Diagnostics with no result.  I have also run Memtest86+ on two occasions, once for 8 passes and once for 10 passes.  No errors were detected by Memtest.  I have also run sfc /scannow with no error noted.  I have tried to run chkdsk/f/r but once it gets to where it is analyzing empty space, it crashes.  I don't know if that is a coincidence or not.  I used Slim Drivers to update my drivers.  All Windows 7 updates have been installed.

I have zipped my mini dumps and uploaded them to Skydrive below.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Neal

https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#cid=73b2cc5db7ded675

3 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

1. Correct, that's the only .ISO if you are running a 64-bit OS. The other is 32-bit.

2. You are doing what we call a CLEAN INSTALL, here's an in-depth guide: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

A clean install is formatting the hard disk and installing a fresh Windows on it with nothing backed up, etc. If you want to back up, you'd have to use an external to hold any documents, files, etc, because everything is wiped. If you have any products such as Office, etc, you will simply be able to download those again from MS' website and have them reactivated. We do clean installs on fresh hard drives to 100% rule out any low level issues, even if none appear to be there in the first place.

Is this a prebuilt system that you purchased from the direct manufacturer itself or a store? For example, a Dell? If so, rather than purchasing a 3rd party hard drive, I would contact the manufacturer directly so they replace the hard disk with the same one so you do not have any activation issues. As it's an OEM license, it may give you activation troubles if you purchase a 3rd party hard drive.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress