Question

Q: Windows 7 Shutdown Errors & Support

This seems to be a recurring theme on all the Win 7 forums, the machine won't shut down properly. Select Shut Down, screens goes to the "Shutting Down" view, but the circle icon freezes after a few seconds and the machine hangs.

When I reboot, Windows does not report a failure, it just boots normally and works fine, but come shut down, problems again.
This is happening everytime I use the machine, though sometimes I get the odd BSoD thrown in at shut down as well, just for good measure.

I have used the internal checking within Win 7 to try to find the issue, but nothing works, I don't want to have to re-install Win 7 Ultimate, a couple of weeks after installing it, but that is looking like the only option and that is not guaranteed to fix the issue.

I have tried to contact Microsoft through their online "Help & Support" forum, but they say my version of Win 7 Ultimate is not activated (Yes it is), then when I enter my product code, it says because I am not regisitered, I have to pay £45 for 1 hour of support.

Me pay them to have them fix a probelm with their software!!!! I thought Vista was bad, this is just Vista 1.5 with bugs, shoudl have stuck to Vista.

Anybody got any ideas on what is causing this, as lots of people are seeing this issue, yet no support answers seem to give a resolution

System specs are

Win 7 Ultimate
Quad Core Processer
6GB of Ram
2 x 512MB Nvidia Graphic Cards working in SLI Mode
2 x 1TB Sata HDD
28" HD Monitor

Answer

A:

Hi Popalu,

The community members in this forum do not provided remote support.  Here is contact information for 1:1 support.

Dena
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Dena

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,022 Last updated: April 7, 2018 Applies to: