This lxcetime.dll file is part of the software for the Lexmark Printer.
Do you have any problem with the printer? If not, then you can simply disable the startup item from launching every time you start your computer.
Method 1: Disable the startup item from loading.
To do so, start System Configuration Utility.
1. Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Type MSCONFIG in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the MSCONFIG program that appears in the search results.
3. Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab.
4. This takes you to a page with a list of "startup items." Startup items are programs that are automatically loaded every time you turn on your computer.
5. Expand the column out so that you can read all of the text, and look for keywords. Proceed with un-checking the startup items one at a time in the “Startup Item” column to disable it. Alternatively you may follow the process of elimination by disabling half
the startup items.
6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.
7. Repeat this procedure till you find out which startup item is generating this error message. You can uninstall the software that comes with it or delete the startup item from registry. Note down the location of the startup item.
To delete the item from registry:
Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the windows help article below.
Back up the registry http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-the-registry
1. Go to start and type regedit.exe.
2. Navigate to the location of respective problem software.
3. Delete the item by right clicking on it and selecting delete.
4. Close registry editor.
Restart the computer. The error message should be gone by now.
If you have problems with the printer, follow Method 2.
To avoid this error message from loading during startup, uninstall all the Lexmark printer software and associated components from the computer, download and install the ones from its website.
Uninstall all the software components of Lexmark from
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Uninstall or Change a Program.
You may then remove the drivers for the printer from Devices and Printers.