My system stalls in normal mode

Hi, I shut down my system as per usual earlier, when I booted it back up about an hour ago it loaded up normally however it goes on to stall within 30 seconds, first the task bar will stop working and then the entire system will freeze (however the mouse will still move) Ctr+Alt+Del doesn't work and the clock stops as well, the only thing that works is starting in safe mode as I am in now, I have not downloaded/visited any software or un trusted websites today, I am using a 64-bit system, I aquired windows 7 as a downloadable upgrade via Microsofts Student Discount offer, I HAVE run virus scans and nothing has been discovered, am getting to the end of my tether right now, any help is appriciated

"Edit" I Should also add the system restore is disabled....and I do not have a restore point...as far as I know

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2017 Views 365 Applies to:
Answer

What exactly do you mean with "I do not have a restore point...as far as I know"?

You could do this to fix your problem:
- Boot into Safe Mode
- Click Start
- Type the word msconfig into the Search box and press Enter
- Untick every tick mark under the Startup tab.
- Click the Services tab, then tick the box that hides the Microsoft services.
- Untick every remaining tick mark.
- Physically disconnect the machine from the Internet.
- Reboot in Normal Mode.
- If this fixes the problem, restore the tick marks in groups of 8 until you find the culprit, then leave it unticked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.