I erased my document files

I can't be;lieve that I was so stupid to erase some of my document files, and then I like to have a "clean" recycle bin - so I thnk I erased and recycled almost half of the document files which hold all my research, document files and other very important and irreplaceable data.

I've heard that data isn't really "gone" even if it's been reased.  Is this true?  And can someone PLEASE give me some direction as to how to resurrect my data?

THANKS

Bill Bace

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2017 Views 316 Applies to:
Answer

The less disk updating you do from now on gives you the best chance of recovering deleted files. i.e. the deleted files space may not have been overwritten.

Try the free Recuva program from here http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva/

Running hints: Choose a file type from the wizard or close it and select from the main window. Select the drive (on the left) or select a file name or type (on the right) or a combination of the two then click Scan. Put a tick in the box alongside the file to be recovered and click Recover (bottom right) and select the destination. The State of deleted files can be Excellent, Poor or Unrecoverable.

To recover every deleted file, select a drive in the drop-down menu and click Scan to list everything > tick Filename > Recover to retrieve every deleted file.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.