When I login I imedietly get an error message from Sticky Notes saying "Meta Data for some of the notes has been corrupt, Sticky Notes has restored them to defaults." then a Sticky Notes has stopped working message with the following problem details:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: StikyNot.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bca01
Fault Module Name: StikyNot.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bca01
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000008164
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: bd1c
Additional Information 2: bd1c21a1f46f53d7731f1eb07b613b90
Additional Information 3: 935d
Additional Information 4: 935d1a1d9033b34352a25c63ede49267
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Open Sticky Notes from its source folder i.e c:\windows\system32\stikynot.exe. Delete sticky shortcut icon that is currently installed. Create a new one from the source folder and pin it to the Start menu.
If sticky note still fails to work as desired and gives the same error message, run System File Checker on your computer to check for integrity of the system files.
1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password,
or click Allow.
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
To determine which files could not be repaired by the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:
1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
findstr /C:"[SR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt
Note: The Sfcdetails.txt file contains details from every time that the System File Checker tool has been run on the computer. The file includes information about files that were not repaired by the System File Checker tool.
Verify the date and time entries to determine the problem files that were found the last time that you ran the System File Checker tool.
3. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
The Sfcdetails.txt file uses the following format:
Date/Time SFC detail
If the System File Checker tool cannot repair a file, follow these steps:
1. At an elevated command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: takeown /f Path_And_File_Name
For example, type takeown /f E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER to grant administrators full access to the file: icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F
For example, type icacls E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grant administrators:F.
3. Type the following command to replace the file with a known good copy of the file: Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination
For example, type copy E:\temp\jscript.dll E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.