Question

Q: Notebook keeps crashing when in normal mode!

Before asking, I'd like to say that I'm not familiar with all the tech terms; I was hoping if someone could just generally tell me what's wrong with my notebook.

So I have an Asus Eee PC, Windows 7 Starter. All this time it was working fine, but today when I switched it on, during startup it suddenly crashed and showed this blue screen with stuff written...it was saying something about 'found a problem with the system', and then there was 'system_registry' , 'if this was my first time experiencing this problem then I should reboot' etc etc but I didn't manage to read all of them because it'll quickly show the choose mode screen (Safe Mode etc) and so the same thing repeats again and again every time. I didn't even managed to get the notebook scanned or anything since it automatically crashes during startup.

What's happening here? Is it a virus or some technical faults I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Answer

A:

It's difficult to say what causes your problem but it's probably easy to fix by using System Restore. Here we go:
1. Keep tapping F8 during the early boot phase.
2. Select Repair from the menu.
3. Enter the Administrator's password when prompted. It is often blank.
4. Select System Restore when prompted.
5. Set Windows back to a point before this problem occurred.
ID#0225. If this response was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click "Propose as answer". Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 554 Last updated: November 25, 2017 Applies to: