Disk Read Error-Windows wont load

On monday my computer worked fine in the morning, and then I drove 5 hours back to school and when I attempted to turn the computer on I got a "disk read error press ctl+alt+del to restart"

Today, I burned a copy of the Vista recovery disc to a cd and booted from there and ran a repair.

I then also followed instructions from a forum on here that said OS was not listed when he ran the repair. That cleared up the disk error problem.

However, now my computer will still not load windows. It keeps loading to a windows error recovery screen and I get the options to start in safe mode, normally, or last known working stage and I have done all of those and they attempt to run and then the computer shuts down and restarts itself.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, I am running to recovery disk again now to see if my operating system can be located.

About 3 weeks ago the hard drive that came with the computer crashed and we ordered a new one. It seems unlikely to me that the hard drive could have failed in such a short amount of time.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on my Dell Inspiron 1525.

EDIT 1217 CST

I am currently running the recovery disk and my screen is at System Recovery Options and it still appears that my OS will not be listed.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2017 Views 1,364 Applies to:
Answer
You should really post your stats in a statistics forum.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.