After installing Windows seven on my primary drive (followed the installation proceedures for 7 on 32 bit XP Pro) all works fine EXCEPT my secondary drive or any USB drive is not accessable.
After installing Windows seven on my primary drive (followed the installation proceedures for 7 on 32 bit XP Pro) all works fine EXCEPT my secondary drive or any USB drive is not accessable. Get error message they are not available. They are in the setup
bios and in devices, but in my computer if I left click I get the error message.
Azeez thanks for the response, however my secondary disk is a SATA 500 gig drive. Windows 7 will recognize DVD/CD drive but only the "C' drive (Of hard drives)> I have tried USB drives in addition to the SATA but it does not read them, only tells me they are
not accessable. The one exception was the Windows easy transfer data sent to a USB disk made prior to loading Windows 7.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
In the meantime you may also try this step before you perform steps in the link :
1. Plug in and turn on the external USB hard drive
2. Right mouse click on My Computer
3. Left click on Manage
4. Left click on Device Manager
5. Expand the USB list
6. Find the USB device for your USB Hard Drive (in your case there is no description)
7. Right mouse click - Uninstall
8. Turn off the external USB hard drive
9. Turn on the external USB hard drive and let it find and install the driver
It should work
Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.