original title: Occasionally and more frequently, login will not work properly
Hello and thank you for your time.
I am a genuine 64-bit Windows 7 user, and I love the system, but unfortunately I have been running into a recurring problem. I'm sorry that this does not have any specific error messages (I didn't think ahead, and it's not happening now), but these are the symptoms:
- On boot, I get to the login screen just fine, I enter my credentials.
- It says welcome, and then something like "Loading your desktop".
- It says something about a corrupted login, then puts me into either:
- a) some weird half-breed of windows 95 and 7, where icons still resemble windows 7, but the taskbar and explorers are grey
-b) this last time, I was logged into a temporary account
- EDIT: when I shut down, there is some weird audio feedback
- From then on, if try to log in, an error message about login or profile data not found.
- I usually just restore to an earlier image, and it will work fine.
Unfortunately, this has become more frequent, and I'm wondering what is the culprit. If it is impossible to grasp the situation without further information, I will try to get it. Past searches suggested it was something about the registry.