Question

Q: Erasing hard drive Question

Hi, I'm planning to wipe my system to factory settings by erasing the hardrive. All my games, personal information, music ect. I can get back, so I don't need to back them up.

My concern is if windows 7 will be there, or if I can install it. You see when I first turned my computer on, windows 7 was already there and set up was a breeze. However, since I'm starting over, I'm guessing windows 7 won't be there anymore. I have my product key, but is there a CD I need or something?

I do have 2 CDs that came with my computer that raises questions.

One is a cyber power CD That says: "Windows7 Home Premium" (Which I currently have) but it also says: "The software included on this Recovery media was pre-installed on your hard drive at the factory and may only be used for backup and recovery of your Cyberpower, Inc. Computer system. Performance of the software is the sole responsibillity of Cyberpower, Inc."

The other is my Asus motherboard CD that clearly states in bright colors "Windows 7 Ready!!" I did not have to use either of these CDs when first booting up my computer, nor have I ever used them.

So will I have to use either of these CDs? Or should my computer boot up again like it did before?

I'm not sure if this is enough information, let me know if theres anything else I should include.

This is the link of my computer too: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229159

Thanks in Advance!

Answer

A:

You probably have a recovery partition on the disk which will be used to restore Windows to factory condition when you boot the machine with the Cyber Power CD. Before going ahead with the erasure I would do this:
- Run diskmgmt.msc to see if there is indeed a recovery partition.
- Read the manual that came with your PC or read the FAQs on the Asus web page to see how to perform a factory restore with your model.

If this response resolves your problem, please click "Propose as answer" so that the thread can be closed. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 532 Last updated: November 29, 2017 Applies to: