Everytime i go to MY COMPUTER i try opening Any of the Disc drives it saids C;\ is not accessible and at the bottom of the box it saids Access is Denied The Title of the box is Location is not available This happened when i Disabled my disc drives bcuz
its wouldnt work so i disabled it and none of my Drives i had access to ..Also when i go to Control Panel and to Device Manager it saids The parameter is incorrect ..PLEASE HELP ANYONE another thing after if i do fix this problem i got another one ..when i
open Roxio Creater at the bottom is saids its used by another program or a file ...My PC wont read discs and wont show up the AutoPlay I cant burn music or Videos to Blank Discs
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
If the issue still persists then Lets enable the built in Administrator account and check If we get the access to the drive.
Enable Built-in Administrator Account:
1. Click on Start and in the search bar type cmd.exe
2. Right click on cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator.
3. Now type the following command in the elevated comand prompt:
net user administrator /active:yes
4.You should see a message that the command completed successfully.
5. Restart the computer and check if you have the access to the drive.
(b) You can also temporarily disable the Security Software and verify if it resolves the issue.
If the issue persists then let’s give file permissions and check if that works.
Follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the Drive and select Properties, then go to Security tab, and click Edit.
2. A new window will open, now under “Group and User Names”, select the user from the list whom you want to deny / allow access to a specific folder, now under “Permissions for Users” check the Deny / Allow checkbox next to Modify (all other checkbox will get
3. Click OK and then click Yes when a Windows Security window will pops-up.
4. Now click OK again and you are done
Scenario 2 : To troubleshoot the issue of "The parameter is incorrect "
I would like to ask you few questions in order to get a better understanding of this issue.
a) Was it working fine before without any issues?
b) Is the device getting recognized on the computer?