Dual Boot - Move Boot image to second drive Win7

I have a problem with two different drives both running Win7, one 32 the other drive 64, on a dual boot system.  I want to pull the win32 drive, but it also has my boot information for the win64 drive.  When removed it will not boot.

I have been working on this for 5-6 weeks.  I want to remove the Win7/32 and put the Boot image of Win7/64 on the second drive.

I booted from the WIN7 64 Install DVD, and went to the repair your computer. The place that displays the operating systems installed, none will show. 

I have tried bootsect from the command prompt.  It seems to work, but tells me no partition on the second drive.  Or on another attribute used, it can not find the path to the drive.

I have tried RebuildBcd, fixMBR, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 1,055 Applies to:
Answer
Thanks for the additional information.  I had checked the system in command mode for the drives.  I am able to get a directory read, but I tried your suggestion, then did the Bootrec, Etc.

I still gives me the same path error message.  I then removed the power to the RAID drive that has Win32 on it and tried the operation a second time, still the same results.

Since I have never been able to do a system image of the Win64 drive I can't use that.  There is a Backup problem there that MS is trying to figure out.  My last suggestion from MS was to do another install as I might have an old System Disk.

We did that but still no solution other than do a clean install.  Since we have no backup, that option is out.

I might try to repain the Win32 drive as that has lost it's boot also.

Thanks,

Bob

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.