LogonUI.exe errors. Oulook.exe errors. There is no disk in the drive. PLease insert disk into drive\Device\hardisk2\DR2

I have windows 7 professional running 64 bit. A very annoying error pops up every five minutes or so. The message varies and can read "logonUI exe No Disk" or "Outlook exe No Disk" or "your favourite app. - No Disk" depending on what I am running at the time. I have looked at many forums and can see that this error occurred in previous Windows flavours. Some answers point to Malware or infected file, others seem to think it's a corrupt install file. I have a fresh install of win 7. My previous OS being XP. 

I have reinstalled Win7 and tried repair functions. No luck so far.   

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2017 Views 1,051 Applies to:
Answer
I upgrade to Windows 7(32) from XP (32) and kept getting a LogonUIexe no disk error when I logged off. After reviewing Disk Management I found that my second HDD had an OEM partition that was not numbered. This HDD (OEM) was the one that came with my Dell computer and the partition was not accessible. I took the drive out (error gone) and the person who reformatted the drive said he had to get to the registry to make the partition accessible. Hope this helps.... 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.